Do I need a work permit?

Foreign students studying in Switzerland are permitted to accept a side job for a maximum of 15 hours per week. Any employment has to be reported to the Swiss Immigration Office in Lucerne. Citizens from non-EU/EFTA countries are subject to certain restrictions in their access to the Swiss labour market. Please contact the Swiss Immigration Office in Lucerne for detailed information. Further information can also be found on the Crus website (Rectors’ Conference of the Swiss Universities).

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.